In addition to landfill diversion, when landfill owners or transfer station operators implement the Hughes Energy solution there will be further financial benefits gained from the production of Wilson Fiber®.
Instead of landfills burying the organic material, it now is a useful saleable commodity, allowing reduced operating costs for the operator, and increased profits.
Customers are only responsible for the sale of the recyclable materials and the disposal of the 5-7% of MSW which cannot be used after processing by the Wilson System®.
Diverting 90%+ of waste stream increases landfill airspace and extends the useful life of landfills.
Uses Of Wilson Fiber®
- As a homogenous material, it is the best feedstock for anaerobic processes, gasification and increases return for pyrolysis (no pre-shred)
- Has Clean Coal designation in UK and EU
- Can be mixed with coal for lower-sulphur emissions
- The fiber has a unique legal status in the UK/EU as an End of Waste material and suitable for use as a waste-derived fuel to be sold in commercial and domestic markets
- Is a feedstock for the production of Biofuel or Biochemicals